Join the discussion as we explore the latest best practices, opportunities and challenges within the realm of higher education technology in support of teaching, learning, research, and administration.
We want to hear from you!
Themes and ideas:
- Security as pro-active culture, not a blocker
- Big Data
- Information Lifecycle Management
- Data management and governance
- Digital Knowledge and decision making
- Database development and support / maintenance
- Analytics and Business intelligence
- Advanced Research Computing
- Research portals
- Bridging the gap between Research Computing and IT
Student Systems & Student Success
- Systems and technologies that support student success
- Teaching and Learning: evolution of technology
- Student-led sessions: What works? What doesn’t?
Leading & Partnering
- Strategic leadership and partnering
- Institution-wide IT strategy
- Change leadership
- Prioritizing and budgeting for IT
- Fiscal responsibility & risk
Technologies & Trends
- Ensuring system interoperability, scalability, and extensibility
- Cloud - IAAS vs PAAS; elastic secure clouds
- Software -license management
- Jupyter notebooks / tools
- Artificial intelligence
- Professional development / keeping skills current / staying ahead of the tech curve
- Diversity and inclusion
- IT staffing and organizational models
Proposal submissions are done in an external system by Ex Ordo.
The Ex Ordo submission page can be found at https://canheit-tecc2018.exordo.com/submissions/new
The Ex Ordo site will help you create a submission easily. You will need to create an account in Ex Ordo to start.
You should be able to complete a simple submission well within ten minutes. Once you start a submission, you can save your progress and return to add or fix information later if needed.
Where does my idea fit?
Having trouble deciding where your idea might fit in the themes above? We have developed this list in close consultation with our partners, drawing key topics for both CUCCIO and Compute Canada members. Guiding principles around these topic areas can be found on our Topics Details page.